miércoles, 20 de mayo de 2009

negative numbers!!

Negative numbers are going to be strange to you. The negative numbers are located in a number line from zero to the left. In this post I am going to teach you how to add, subtract, multiply and divide negative numbers.


To add negative numbers you need to, forget the signs so how forget the negative sign and just add normally. For example if I add -5 + -3 = -8 so you can observe that in the answer I put a negative sign because a negative + negative = negative.

Now we are going to subtract negative – negative. It is confusing to write it that way so we decide to change the – sign and convert the second number to positive.
Example first: -4 - -5
Example second: -4 + +5
It is much easier to subtract when you change it to addition.



To multiply negative X negative we are going to forget the sings. Then the answer will always be positive so you multiply normally and at last you put the positive sign that is + and that would be your answers.

To divide negative / negative you need to forget the signs . Then you divide normally and the answer will always be positive so you put a + sign (positive sign).


1 comentario:

  1. rafa i think you did a great job. I really understood it. and your examples are great. It looks like you took a lot of time creating this blog.

    ResponderEliminar